A comic book themed extravaganza, featuring live artist demos, workshops and a prize for the best dressed.
Unwind with a drink and explore the museum after hours. Take part in the following events:
- Live demos from comic book artists in residence, Zoom Rockman, Tamara-Jade Kaz and Lucie Arnoux
- Make your own comic strip with guidance from graphic novelist and political cartoonist, Marf
- Enjoy Curator talks on ‘Astérix In Britain: The Life and Work of René Goscinny’ and ‘Jew(ish) Cartoons: Drawing from the Collection’
- Get your own Pop Art style face paint done with Brush of Colour
- Make your own mask and become a superhero
- Have your photo taken as a heroic Gaul, this is your chance to dress up as Astérix or Obelix
- Try your hand at creating a stop-motion animation in this creative workshop
- Prizes for the best-dressed! This is your chance to ditch your mild-mannered routine and embrace your inner comic book character or superhero!
More details to follow...
Doors 6pm | Café 6 – 8:30pm | Shop 6 - 9pm | Galleries 6 – 9pm
Free admission to Jew(ish) Cartoons and all activities on the Ground Floor, including the Comic Book Artists in Residence.
Ticket includes entry into Astérix in Britain: The Life and Work of René Goscinny